Selling your home is a big deal. If you're reading this article, you're likely about to embark on the journey of selling your home as a "FSBO", or For-Sale-By-Owner. You have your reasons for selling without the assistance of a real estate professional.
For most, it's an attempt to net more equity by saving on Realtor commissions. Regardless of the why, this is the single most important consideration for homeowners going it on their own. Know your home's value and keep it clean!
In the Phoenix market, price and condition are the two most important considerations to earn top dollar when selling your home. We recommend considering the following factors when determining your list price:
- How many homes are currently active in your immediate neighborhood and how long have they been on market?
- How does your home compare to the competition in terms of curb appeal, upgrades, and conditions?
- What is the average list to close price for homes in your market?
- What does your home offer that others don't?
- What new developments are coming to your community which may enhance your home's value?
You may choose to research past sales using Zillow, Realtor.com, or Trulia. Be sure the information you are basing your strategy on is accurate. Pick the top three or four homes that most closely match your home in size and amenities and determine a realistic
If you are uncertain or would like a professional opinion, don't hesitate to hire an independent appraiser. An appraiser will provide an opinion of value based on three different approaches; cost, income, or comparative analysis. If you need a third opinion
based on experience working with homebuyers in your area, text us at 480.628.8691.